Scott Segan, BS '09
Name: Scott Segan
Class Year: 2009
Degree, Major: BS, Radiologic Sciences
What is your current professional position?
Sonographer and Scheduling Manager, Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia
In your current position, what are your responsibilities/duties?
1) Vascular technologist
2) Set and govern the vascular imaging schedule for 13 of our 26 locations
3) Train technologists and physicians in the use of our proprietary study archiving and remote network reading system (similar but not identical to PACS)
What are your current accreditations, memberships or affiliations in your field?
- RDMS - Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Abdomen, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neuroencephalography)
- RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist (Vascular ultrasound and physiologic testing)
Are there any publications you have had or other awards/recognitions you would like to share?
1) President, JSHP Alumni Board of Directors
2) Past President, Lambda Nu National Honor Society for Rad. Sci.
3) Malinckrodt Award for Academic Excellence - JSHP / Ultrasound
4) Outstanding Service Award - Department of Rad. Sci / JSHP
If you could give any advice to a current student in your program or a recent graduate what would it be?
Breathe - rely on your Jefferson training because you know more than you think you do! If you don't know, ask. And most of all, remember that it is easy to think of any given patient as just another one out of many. But for that patient on that day, your work may likely be the most important and urgent issue in your patients' lives and that of their families. There is no such thing as just another exam.