The Career Development Center serves alumni, students and post-docs in the Jefferson Schools of Health Professions, Nursing, Pharmacy and Population Health and the Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences through assistance, education and resources in the job-search process as well as continuing career development. Below is a brief overview of the services offered:
Symplicity, your online career management system:
Jefferson Career Center Network on LinkedIn:
- Students & alumni post resumes/CVs, search for jobs and find employer contacts
- Employers post job openings and search for candidates
- Plus: receive a resume review, sign up for workshops, find career handouts and more!
- Network with Jefferson students and alumni, gain career advice and discuss topics in healthcare.
Career Resource Library located in the Edison Building, Suite 1120:
- Regional and industry-specific employer guides, plus trade publications
- Resources on special topics such as overcoming barriers to employment and disability & the job search
- Guides on working/volunteering abroad and much more!
Powered by Symplicity Career Management System
Workshops are presented regularly in the Career Development Center, as well as in-class and for student organizations upon request. Register for workshops through Symplicity, and contact us to speak to your class or club!
Resume Writing, Job Search Strategies, Interviewing Skills, Evaluating & Negotiating Job Offers, and LinkedIn Basics, MBTI & Leadership, Interviewing from the Manager’s Perspective, as well as field-specific programs
We offer individual appointments in-person and over the phone on the following topics:
- Job search strategies (including positions locally, nationwide, and internationally)
- Resume, CV, and cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn profile reviews (and help with using LinkedIn as part of your job search)
- Mock Interviews – Counselors will practice interview questions and provide feedback
- Career Inventories/Assessments – MBTI, Strong Interest Inventory
- Special topics: (e.g. disclosing a disability to an employer, overcoming potential barriers to employment, career changing, returning to workforce, etc.)
Contact the Career Development Center at (215) 503-5805 to schedule an appointment or to confirm Walk-In hours.